As part of the brand’s 100th Anniversary celebration, Nikon have established The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship. It is designed to help support the next generation of visual content creators. To kick things off, Nikon are offering $10,000 scholarships to 10 lucky students in the USA or Canada.
The scholarship is open to undergraduate and graduate students who will have finished their freshman year by Fall 2018. It’s available to those in the USA or Canada pursuing degrees in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography and multimedia/content creation.
As we reflect on a remarkable and exciting 100 years of imaging excellence, Nikon must also look to the future and continue to push the boundaries of creative expression and technological innovation.
The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship encapsulates our brand’s commitment to supporting students as they strive to ignite passion and inspire change as future visual content creators.
– Kosuke Kawaura, Nikon Director of Marketing, Communcations & Planning
There are some eligibility requirements, of course…
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the USA or Canada
- You must be majoring in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography or multimedia/content creation
- You must complete your freshman year of college or academic equivalent before Fall 2018
- You must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average at the time of application
- A letter of recommendation from a professor, teacher or academic advisor.
If you are one of the lucky few who make it through as a semi-finalist, you will also be asked to provide a photo portfolio or video submission. You will also need to provide a description of your photo/video submission and a copy of your academic transcript.
Applications for the scholarship are currently open, but here are the key dates to remember…
- March 1, 2018 — Application deadline for all students
- March 12, 2018 — Semi-finalist applications selected
- March 30, 2018 — Application deadline for semi-finalists
- June 2018 — 10 scholarships recipients selected
March 1st might seem like a long time away, but it’s really not. Before you know it, that date will have come and gone. So, if you’re interested, don’t delay!
You can find out more information over on the Nikon Storytellers Scholarships website. There’s also a Frequently Asked Questions PDF available that I’m sure you’ll wish to check out if you want to apply.
And, for those that do… Good luck!
[via No Film School]