Popular iPad Pro photo editing app Affinity Photo has just seen a pretty significant update. The updates and new features are the result of direct feedback from users. Serif, the company behind the app, says that there are now over a quarter of a million Affinity Photo for iPad users worldwide. They also say that this has kept them “inspired” to keep pushing the capabilities of the software and what’s possible on a mobile device.
The list of new features is pretty big, which adds a lot more gesture control to the app that should be very welcome for Affinity Photo for iPad users.
- New Undo/Redo gesture with two/three finger tap.
- Export persona – a new workspace for exporting regions of your image as slices.
- Added drag modifiers to studio icons for colour, text, navigator and history.
- Added support for brush nozzle base texture mode.
- Added canvas rotation control via Navigator Studio.
- Added swipe gesture to swap primary and secondary colours on the Colour Studio
- Context menu now uses a long-press release gesture to invoke.
- Added two-finger hold gesture to resize a layer from its centre.
- During shape creation, a two-finger hold gesture will transform the layer.
- On the Layers Studio, with a layer selected, a two-finger tap on another layer will select all layers in between.
- On the Layers Studio, pinch inwards (either vertically or horizontally) to group selected layers. To ungroup, do the opposite and pinch out.
- With the Move Tool active, a two-finger hold gesture on a layer plus a one finger drag duplicates the selected layer.
- Easy access to merge and rasterise commands via Layer Studio icons.
- Improved brush stroke lag and small stroke response.
- Brushes remember previously used stroke settings.
- Move any custom brush to any category.
- Added support for on-screen keyboard trackpad mode.
- Added Tab key to on-screen keyboard context bar.
- Updated Persona icons.
- Numerous other improvements and bugfixes.
To celebrate hitting the quarter million users mark, Serif has announced a flash sale for new users. There’s currently a 30% discount being offered on the app through the App Store. The regular price has dropped down to £13.99 / $13.99 / 14,99€ with no subscription fees. This offer ends at noon UK time on Tuesday 18th September.
You can find out more about Affinity Photo for iPad on the Affinity website.