You can now use your Loupedeck+ with Adobe Photoshop CC 2019
Well, folks. You wanted it. You got it. Loupedeck has today announced the first integration with the Loupdeck+ and Adobe Photoshop CC 2019. Today’s announcement extends the Loupedeck+’s compatibility with Adobe suite adding to Lightroom Classic CC and Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
Loupedeck says that the decision to integrate the Loupedeck+ into Photoshop was based exclusively on feedback from the community – many of whom utilise both Photoshop and Lightroom in their workflow. The goal is to allow for a more consistent workflow experience throughout your editing process. No longer will you need to cast your Loupedeck+ aside the instant you move from Lightroom to Photoshop.
According to the press release, the new Adobe Photoshop features with the Loupedeck+ include…
- Total flexibility with Photoshop CC, allowing image editors to configure Loupedeck+ to match their personal workflows
- Intuitive features that make editing faster: swap between current and previous tools, reset blending or to fit image on screen by just a press of a button
- Ability to focus on the image instead of navigating: minimize mouse pointing, list scrolling and target practicing with tiny icons
- More direct access to tools, functions, layers and other Photoshop options to save time
Excellent layer control by moving, grouping, merging, adjusting opacity, fill, visibility or masking
- Ability to run smart filters with Loupedeck+’s configurable buttons
- Custom mode that gives even more possibilities for mapping different Photoshop functions on Loupedeck+
- Ability to create your own actions and run them with Loupedeck+´s configurable buttons
In our ongoing mission to make the editing processes of both professional and amateur photographers more intuitive and efficient, we continually work to integrate Loupedeck+ with the editing suites they utilize and cherish most in their workflows.
Members of our dedicated user community emphasized their eagerness to use the console to edit with Photoshop and we listened. Following Loupedeck’s original integration with Adobe Lightroom and recent foray into video editing by way of Adobe Premiere Pro, this next stage of our partnership will continue to support photographers worldwide.
– Mikko Kesti, Loupedeck CEO & Founder
There’s no word on whether the Loupedeck+’s Photoshop functionality extends to Adobe Camera Raw. I imagine not, but it would be handy for those with Smart Object raw workflows. If that hasn’t been implemented yet, it would be nice to see in the future.
It’s great to see the Loupedeck+ seeing some wider compatibility with software over the original Loupedeck console. The Loupedeck+ now supports Lightroom, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Skylum Aurora HDR and Capture One. Future integration with Skylum Luminar as well as other software is also on the way. I’m still hoping they’ll find a way to get it talking with DaVinci Resolve.
John Aldred is a photographer with over 20 years of experience in the portrait and commercial worlds. He is based in Scotland and has been an early adopter – and occasional beta tester – of almost every digital imaging technology in that time. As well as his creative visual work, John uses 3D printing, electronics and programming to create his own photography and filmmaking tools and consults for a number of brands across the industry.