Polaroid has added a new, tiny camera to its line-up along with a new type of film that fits it. The new Polaroid Go is so small that both the camera and the prints it makes fit on the palm of your hand. In fact, it’s the smallest instant film camera in the world. But let’s see if it has anything big to offer.
The most obvious trait of the Polaroid Go is its compact size. It’s 4.1 inches long, 3.3 inches wide, and 2.4 inches tall (or 10.4 x 8.4 x 6 cm for my metric folks out there). Here’s a side-by-side comparison of Polaroid Go and Polaroid Now so you can see the difference:
Due to its compact size, the Polaroid Go is only compatible with the newly-developed square film. At the same time, the Polaroid Go film only fits this camera. It’s ASA 640 color film, 2.623 x 2.122 in (66.6 mm x 53.9 mm) format. The image area is 1.851 x 1.811 in (47 mm x 46 mm).
In terms of design, the Polaroid Go leans on Polaroid’s recognizable look design. But the company says that the goal is “to create a new format of instant cameras for a new generation.” As for the features, in short, the Polaroid Go includes: “a newly developed selfie mirror, self-timer, longer-lasting battery, dynamic flash, double exposure, and travel-friendly accessories.” Here are the full specs:
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 3.3 x 2.4 in (105 mm x 83.9 mm x 61.5 mm)
- Weight: 0.53 lbs (242 grams) (without film pack)
- Color: White
- Battery: High-performance lithium-ion battery, 750mAh, 3.7V nominal Voltage, 2.7Wh, rechargeable via USB.
- 15-pack battery life
- Outer shell: Polycarbonate + ABS plastics
- Lenses: Polycarbonate resin
- Shutter speed: 1/125-30sec
- Aperture: f/12 and f/52
- Focal length: 34 mm (35 mm equivalent)
- Field of view: Diagonal 65.1°, Horizontal 48.1°, Vertical 49.1 degrees
- Automatic flash (with override)
- Flash system: Vacuum discharge tube storage
- Compatible only with Polaroid Go film
Polaroid Go instant camera is available for preorders together with a double pack of Polaroid Go color film, and you’ll pay €139.99 for the bundle. The camera alone will retail at $99.99, and you’ll be able to buy a double pack of film (16 photos) for $19.99. Both Polaroid Go camera and film start shipping and retailing on 27 April.
[image credits: Polaroid]
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!