Phase One has today announced the launch of the latest version of their photo editing software, Capture One 20. They say that the latest release was driven based on feedback from the Capture One community to deliver the features and workflow that people actually need.
It comes with improvements to the existing toolset, along with an array of new features, too, including the Basic Colour Editor, High Dynamic Range, Noise Reduction, a new Crop Tool and an improved user interface. It also brings with it, support for some of the most recent camera releases including the Canon EOS 90D and Nikon Z50.
Phase One highlighted a number of specific tools amongst the new and updated features that have come with Capture One 20, but you can find out more about the changes here.
- Noise Reduction – Retain colors and details like never before when shooting with high ISO. With improved noise reduction, start your editing with better quality images.
- Basic Color Editor – Edit colors faster with a new Basic Color Editor that’s compact and easy to use. Click anywhere on the photo and drag to adjust the hue, saturation and lightness of any colors – or edit with intuitive sliders. For more control, the Advanced Color Editor and Skin Tone tools are as powerful as ever.
- High Dynamic Range tool – Do more with contrast and tone thanks to the new High Dynamic Range tool. Recover highlights, boost shadows, darken the blacks or boost the brightest areas of your photo – all in one tool.
- Crop tool – Easily visualize and transform your crops thanks to the visible handles in the new Crop tool. Instantly crop from the center, rotate the crop or lock the aspect ratio using modifier keys.
- Image culling – Save up to 50% of your keystrokes when sorting images – enable “switch to next” to automatically switch to the next photo when you rate or tag. Works with sets so you can easily review multiple images at the same time and manage big projects in a snap.
- Scrolling tools – Work quickly and intuitively – scroll through all your tools with ease and pin your favorites to the top for instant access.
- Copy Layers and Masks – Easily copy specific layers between photos – including photos with different formats and sizes – without replacing the existing layers on the destination photo.
- Support for DNG files – Get the most accurate colors and sharpest details out of any camera model, drone or smartphone capturing DNG files
- Interface – Make a big difference to your workflow with small updates. We’ve added text to the icons so you can find tools instantly, made Masking tools easy to access and simplified the adjustments clipboard. Plus, get higher resolution thumbnails and adjust the viewer background color with one click.
- Keyboard shortcuts – Edit faster with new default shortcuts for zoom, full screen, Focus Mask and much more. Plus, customize the shortcuts further to create your ideal workflow.
This latest version also comes with support for all of the cameras supported by previous Capture One versions and updates, but also adds the following…
- Olympus E-M5 III
- Canon EOS M6 II
- Canon EOS 90D
- Leica V-LUX 5
- Pentax K-1 II
- Ricoh GR III
- Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H
- Nikon Z 50
- Generic GoPro RAW support
Support has also been added for the Rodenstock 23mm iXU lens.
As with previous versions of Capture One, Capture One Pro 20 is available in separate versions, with dedicated applications for Suny and Fuji. The perpetual license for Capture One Pro 20 costs $299, with upgrades starting from $159. Capture One Pro for Sony and Fujifilm are $129. Subscriptions are also available for $15/mo or $8/mo for the regular and Sony/Fuji versions respectively.
Capture One 20 is available now and you can find out more or check out a free 30-day trial on the Capture One website.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!