Skylum has just announced the third Luminar AI update. As before, the main goal of the software is to help you edit your photo faster, but it can also come in handy if you create composites and digital art. The third time’s a charm, as they say, so let’s see what you get with the third update of Luminar’s AI-driven editing software.
Sky AI is probably the most prominent and popular feature of Luminar AI. In the latest update, Skylum improved it further to give you more realistic results, as well as greater control over them:
- Better Sky Detection— Once a new sky is selected, Sky AI now uses improved horizon detection to more accurately place it in the scene. Refined edge detection and masking are used to better integrate the new sky for a more organic effect.
- Better Reflections — The improved sky position is then used to create more realistic reflections in the water. Haze, Warmth, Brightness, and Water Blur sliders give users more precise control over reflections.
- Better Relighting — Improvements in color accuracy create a more natural effect when the new sky is used to automatically relight the entire scene, including reflections. Three relighting controls allow users to dial in the lighting to fit their creative vision.
As mentioned in the title, Luminar AI also supports more devices and image formats now. More precisely, Apple users will get more possibilities with the latest update. It can now run on all Apple’s M1 machines, and it now finally supports iOS’s HEIC image format.
Last but not least, there are some minor improvements to Augmented Sky AI and Dodge & Burn tool:
- Augmented Sky AI— Now, sky objects you add to the custom folder are instantly available for preview. Speaking of previews, you can now select any sky object in the visual browser to instantly preview it in your scene. To help you explore this new feature, we’ve provided three Augmented Sky Objects — free of charge — in the marketplace.
- Dodge & Burn Tool —Easily paint highlights and shadows into your photo to enhance the mood. With the new Softness slider, subtly refine the edges of the area for a more natural effect.
Luminar AI Update 3 is available for free to all current Luminar AI users. Here’s what you need to do to get it:
- macOS: Open LuminarAI. In the Top Menu Bar, choose LuminarAI> Check for updates. If you purchased via the Mac App Store, open the App Store and go to the Updates tab.
- Windows: Open LuminarAI. In the Top Menu Bar, choose LuminarAI> Help > Check for Updates.
If you are running Luminar AI as a plugin with Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, or Photoshop Elements, Skylum also recommends you rerun the plugin installer.
And if you’re not a Luminar AI user and you’d like to become one, you can get the latest version of software on Skylum’s website. The license for one computer costs €79, and for two computers it’s €99.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!