Here is an interesting piece of news. digicame-info, which is usually a pretty solid source (1, 2, 3) just spilled the beans on the anticipated Fujifilm X-T2. It has been two and a half years since the X-T1 was announced and it seems that it will get a nice refresh.
We took the leap and translated the site via google translate and there are some interesting nuggets in there.
I went ahead and highlighted some of the features which I think are going to be attention grabbers.
– 24.3MP CMOS sensor (up from 16 megapixels)
– Image processing engine X Processor Pro
– Video 4K30fps. Full HD60fps (up from 1920 x 1080 (30, 60p))
– Video of the bit rate is 100Mbps
– The maximum speed of the shutter is 1/8000 seconds. 1/32000 sec electronic shutter (up from 1/4000)
– Synchro speed of the flash is 1/250 seconds
– AF 325 points can be selected intelligent hybrid phase difference AF
– The body is in a magnesium alloy, improve the durability of the dial. Dust and water specification
– EVF is 2.36 million dots. Refresh rate 100fps
– 3-way tilting 3 inches 1.62 million dot LCD monitor
– Dual SD card slot. UHS-II support
– AF-C custom settings
– ISO range is ISO200-12800 (RAW)
– Wi-Fi built-in. Remote shooting correspondence. Instax Share printer support
– 16 kinds of film simulation modes, including the ACROS
– That can customize the settings screen “My Menu”
– Normal / boost mode switching
– 14bit RAW lossless compression. Camera RAW development
– Exposure compensation +/- 5EV
– 256-segment metering (multi-spot average, spot, center-weighted)
– Interval Shooting
– 13 kinds of creative filter
– The battery is NP-W126S. The number of possible shots 350 sheets
– 3.5mm microphone jack. 2.5mm remote terminal. USB3.0 terminal. Micro HDMI terminal
– You can use all of Fujinon X mount lens group
When the vertical position power booster grip use of the option, can use a plurality of battery at the same time, continuous shooting is speeding up, the shooting interval, shutter time lag, the image disappearance time is shortened. In addition, 4K of recording time is extended up to 30 minutes.
So, no price yet, and no shipping date, but according to fujirumors it is going to be an but it is going to be announced at July 7. and considering that the X-T1 is $1,300, I don’t think we will see a huge price deviation from the “family standard”.