After Google abandoned Nik Collection, DxO jumped in and announced that they would develop it further. And at last, the Nik Collection 2018 is alive, updated and ready for download. As everyone assumed, it’s not free any longer. Until 1 July 2018, you’ll need to pay $50 for the latest version.
As you might remember, DxO Labs went into receivership earlier this year. However, the company had announced that they wouldn’t give up on updating the Nik Collection. The new version was announced for June 2018, and indeed, it has arrived when promised. Bruno Sayakhom, the Product Owner at DxO, explained that the process was long and complex. DxO had to recover the source code and make it compatible with the latest versions of Adobe products and the latest Apple OS updates.
According to DxO, the Nik Collection 2018 is “now fully functional and compatible with all 64-bit Windows and Mac platforms, as well as with Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC 2018, and Photoshop Elements 2017/2018.” DxO also provides customer support in four languages on their website, while the software suit update is available in 13 languages. The company promises that the website will soon offer exclusive tutorials as well. And as for the collection, you get seven plugins:
- Analog Efex Pro applies analog film, camera and lens simulations to digital photos.
- Color Efex Pro includes a set of filters for color correction, touch-up, and creative effects.
- Dfine reduces the noise of digital images by analyzing the specificities of each device.
- HDR Efex Pro processes images in HDR.
- Sharpener Pro increases the accuracy and enhances the detail of digital images.
- Silver Efex Pro is a black and white image conversion solution inspired by darkroom techniques.
- Viveza locally adjusts the color and tone of specific areas of the image.
If you’d like to download the Nik Collection 2018, it’s waiting for you on the DxO website. You can download a free 30-day trial first, and if you like it, you can download the Nik Collection for $50. This price will be valid until 1 July 2018. After that, the collection will cost $69, as I can see on the website.
A lot of our readers said they’ll download the Nik Collection if the price is reasonable. So, are you gonna buy it? I’d say that the price is fair, but I’m interested in hearing your thoughts.
[via Photo Rumors]
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!