DJI has released a new firmware up date for the popular DJI Action 2 modular action camera. The new update makes the Action 2 DJI’s first action camera to offer Gyroflow compatibility. Gyroflow is an open-source post-processing software that offers video stabilisation based on gyro data recorded by the camera. As well as stabilisation, it can even correct rolling shutter artifacts.
As well as saving gyro data, the v01.04.05.10 firmware update for the DJI Action 2 also includes improved compatibility between the camera and Android 13 devices. DJI doesn’t say specifically what’s been improved, but it should result in fewer issues when using the Action 2 with Android 13 devices.
The release notes for the new v01.04.05.10 firmware update only mention these two changes. Here are the complete notes:
- Date: 2023.2.16
- Firmware Version: v01.04.05.10
- DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.8.12
- DJI Mimo App Android: v1.8.12
- Video will include gyro data in following camera settings: Stabilization: off; FOV: Wide; Resolution: 4K (4:3) 24/25/30/48/50/60 or 4K (16:9) 100/120. Gyroflow version v1.4.2 or above is recommended for gyro-based video stabilization.
- Improved the compatibility with Android 13.0.
- If the update fails, restart DJI Action 2 and DJI Mimo and retry.
- Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to each user who has used the Beta firmware and got back to us with your valued suggestions. We are always working to provide you with better service and use experience.
Gyroflow v1.4.2 is recommended if you want to be able to take advantage of gyro based stabilisation in post. DJI doesn’t say if older versions will work, but it’s obviously not advised. Gyroflow is completely free to download and open source, though, so there’s really no reason not to update to the current version – which happens to be v1.4.2. As well as the Action 2, Gyroflow supports a number of other action cameras from competitors, including GoPro and Insta360, cinema cameras like Blackmagic and RED, as well as drone camera data from flight controllers running ArduPilot, Betaflight and more.
The new v01.04.05.10 firmware for the DJI Action 2 is available to download and update now through the DJI Mimo app.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!