Nikon has announced that applications for its Storytellers Scholarship are now open. Established in 2017 to celebrate Nikon’s 100th anniversary, this is the second time that the company is offering academic scholarships. Nikon aims to “supporting the education of young content creators,” so it will award $10,000 to ten eligible students in the USA or Canada.
One of the conditions you need to meet is that you are pursuing a degree in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography, and multimedia/content creation. If you want to apply for the scholarship, these are the remaining criteria you have to fulfill:
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States or Canada.
- You must complete your freshman year of college or academic equivalent prior to commencement of the 2019-2020 academic year.
- You must be majoring in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography, or multimedia/content creation.
- You must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average at time of application.
- You will need to provide a recommendation from a professor, teacher or academic advisor.
If you are eligible, you can apply for the scholarship on Nikon’s website. And if you get selected as a semi-finalist, there is the second step after the application. You will be asked to provide a photo portfolio or video submission, description of photo/video submission and copy of the academic transcript.
The deadline for applying is 1 March 2019. But here are all the key dates of the Nikon Storyteller Scholarship:
- Application Opens: January 29, 2019
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Recommendation Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Semi-Finalist Open: March 18, 2019
- Semi-Finalist Deadline: April 15, 2019
- Notification of Selection Results: June 2019
- Funds Disbursed: August 2019
If you meet all the criteria and plan to apply, I wish you the best of luck!