Whenever DIYP heads out to cover an event, we get a lot of people asking what gear we’re using to do it. Our kit evolves over time, though and changes from show to show. So, for some events, we shoot new show gear update videos. We’ve decided to do make one such update in Las Vegas at NAB 2019 this year, and here it is.
- Camera – Sony A7III
- Lens – Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS
- Cage – SmallRig 2087
- Monitor – Aputure VS-5
- Tripod – Manfrotto 190X Video & 500 fluid head
- Slider – Syrp Genie II 3-axis kit
- Handheld Mic – Rode RODElink Newsshooter kit
- Lav Mic – Saramonic UwMic9 Dual wireless lav kit
- Field Recorder – Tascam DR-100
Obviously, spare batteries are included for everything (at least 2 spares for most stuff). We have three pairs (one for audio and one for video) of memory cards to rotate after each interview to help keep the workflow efficient.
We keep a couple of Litra Pros in the bag, too, for when the show lighting gets a little… unflattering. We have a Nikon D800 with the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 Art lens for grabbing product stills to go in posts and videos. And, yes, I’ve brought the little Weeview SID along, too.
What gear would you take?
Don’t forget to check out our NAB Giveaway, where we’re offering over $8,500 worth of cinema goodies.