Leica has announced a new point & shoot; The Leica C-Lux. It contains a 20.1MP 1″ MOS sensor, shoots 4K 30fps video, features 5-way optical image stabilisation, and its 8.8-132mm lens offers the equivalent field of view to 24-360mm on a full frame body. Surprisingly, it’s not the most expensive point & shoot out there, coming in at slightly less than the newly announced Sony RX100 VI. Although it’s more than it should be, thanks to the Leica name.
The new Leica C-Lux is available in two colours. Midnight Blue and Light Gold. Adding to the aesthetic is a 3.0″ 1.24 million dot touchscreen LCD on the back (it doesn’t tilt) and a 0.21″ 2.33 million dot electronic viewfinder. It also has a built-in pop-up flash, if that’s your thing.
- Sensor: 20.9MP 1″ MOS
- Resolution: 20.1MP
- Lens: 8.8-132mm f/3.3-6.4 (24-360mm full frame field of view equivalent)
- Zoom: 15x (optical) / 4x (digital)
- Minimum focus distance: 50cm (wide) / 1m (tele) / 3cm (wide macro) / 1m (tele macro)
- ISO: ??-25,600
- Shutter speed: 60-1/2000 (mechanical) 1-1/16000 (electronic)
- Continuous shooting speed: 10fps
- Buffer: 28 frames (raw) / 85 frames (jpg)
- Video: 4K UHD 24/30fps / 1920x1080p 30/60fps / 1280x720p 30fps
- Video duration: Up to 29 minutes
- Microphone: Built-in stereo microphone
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WiFi / Micro HDMI / USB 2.0 Micro B
- Dimensions: 113 x 67 x 46mm (4.4 x 2.6 x 1.8″)
- Weight: 340g (11.99oz) with battery and memory card
So, it’s about what we’d expect from a fairly high end point & shoot. Except, it basically looks like a rebranded Panasonic Lumix ZS200 (or TZ200 outside of the USA) with slightly different buttons. And the ZS200 costs only $800.
The Leica C-Lux is available to pre-order right now in either Midnight Blue or Light Gold for $1050. No word yet on when they might ship.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!