Canon has just released the long-awaited firmware update for the EOS R mirrorless camera. It brings quite a few fixes, but the most significant ones are the improvements in autofocus performance.
The Canon EOS R firmware update 1.4.0 offers the following:
- Enhanced eye-detection Auto Focus for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances
- Improved AF performance which helps the camera to focus on and track smaller subjects.
- Reduced lag time between the actual AF and the AF frame display for images in the viewfinder or on the LCD.
- Fixes the phenomenon in which the AF frame size can’t be changed in the Servo AF setting.
- Fixes PTP communication vulnerability
The latest firmware update isn’t available on Canon USA’s website yet, but some other sites like Canon Japan or Canon Mexico have it listed. So, if you’re really anxious to download it, you can use one of those two links. But if you’re patient enough to wait till tomorrow, you’ll be able to download it from the Canon USA site as well.
[via Canon Watch]