With much of the world now working from home and communicating via Skype, Zoom and other online video conferencing platforms, the standard headshot against the backdrop of a plain wall or a messy bedroom has become a little old.
So, the BBC wants to help spice things up a little for you, and have released over 100 photographs of the sets, sans actors, from some of their most iconic TV shows including Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Absolutely Fabulous and Doctor Who, as well as countless other shows that most people outside of the UK probably haven’t even heard of (but they’re popular here).
In a section of their website titled The Joy of Sets, the BBC has released released the images specifically for giving your video conferencing calls a “makeover”. The sets are split into six categories.
- Sitcom sets (Only Fools and Horses, Open All Hours, Dad’s Army, Fawlty Towers, etc.)
- Entertainment sets (Strictly Come Dancing, Top of the Pops, etc.)
- Science Fiction sets (Doctor Who, Blake’s Seven, etc.)
- Children’s Television sets (Blue Peter, Grange Hill, Play School, etc.)
- Eastender’s sets (If you watch this, you’ll recognise them)
- Sports sets (Match of the Day, Match of the Day 2)
With the way some people are feeling about being in Lockdown, I can see the set from the (hilarious) prison comedy Porridge becoming quite popular! I’m a little disappointed there are no images of the amazingly awful sets from Red Dwarf.
Here’s how you can change your background image in Skype and Zoom. You can browse the full collection over on the BBC website.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!