This is an odd leak. It’s from a retailer, but it’s not WEX, B&H or some random company that only the local townspeople have heard of. This time it’s Amazon.
Despite not yet having been officially announced, the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is now available to pre-order from Amazon Canada. The listing shows some of the specs of the camera along with a $900.45 (Canadian) price tag, a September 25th release date and a great big “Pre-order now” button.
The official announcement for the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV was expected to come in September, along with the new 100-400mm f/5.0-6.3 IS lens (which has also seen some leaks). But, a listing has appeared on Amazon Canada allowing you to pre-order the body-only kit for CDN$900.45. It doesn’t come with a complete spec sheet, but it does confirm a few things…
- 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor
- Always-on connection and background connection via Bluetooth and OI Share Smartphone app
- Flip-down monitor and dedicated Selfie mode. Selfie mode automatically turns on when the monitor is flipped down.
- In-body 5-axis Image Stabilization capable of 4.5 shutter speed steps of compensation.
- 16 Art Filters (31 types). Includes new Instant Film for a nostalgic feel
The camera is expected to shoot 4K UHD up to at 30 frames per second and 1080p up to 60 frames per second with continuous stills shooting speeds of 15fps (single servo AF) or 6.3fps (continuous servo AF). As well as Bluetooth, it will also have Wi-Fi, and the battery can be charged over USB.
Now, one of two things will likely happen. The Amazon Canada listing will soon disappear, or the announcement may be brought forward due to Amazon jumping the gun a little. But, it’s also possible that Olympus might just ignore the fact that the listing is up and carry on regardless. After all, they’re trying to deal with a transition right now.