If you’re unsure how to lead a healthy relationship with social media, then try these 10 Commandments of Twitter. Many of them will also apply to other social media platforms, too. Remember, social media is how many of our potential clients will first discover us these days. So, heed them well.
- Thou shalt support people and not troll or succumb to the temptation to be mean, even if deserved. It shalt be known as Twitter Karma.
- Thou shalt resist the urge to share negative feelings or vent frustration
- Thou shalt engage with people, reply, like and retweet, thereby understanding the social in social media.
- Thou shalt not become a Twitter stalker sending multiple tweets and DMs to your idol on a daily basis
- Thou shalt tweet wisely and always include a photo or GIF, link, hashtag, mention & tag relevant people
- Thou shalt be selective in your tweets or risk boring your audience
- Thou shalt not post a two-part tweet to compensate for your inability to be succinct
- Thou shalt check for and use (whenever relevant) trending hashtags
- Thou shalt have a kickass bio yet NEVER using third person
- Thou shalt always remember that what thou posts reflects on thou professionalism
It’s not that hard to make Twitter work, follow these and you’ll have Twitter success knocking at your door in no time!
About the Author
Nicholas Goodden is a professional London photographer specialized in creating exciting visual content for global brands. If you’d like to see more of his work, visit his website, follow him on Instagram and Twitter, and like his Facebook page. This article was also published here and shared with permission.