I’ve been following news on Sony’s curved sensor since they first announced it back in April, and I’ll be honest; I didn’t think we’d be getting a look into it nearly this quick, but this is shocking to me. I must have forgotten that Sony started on this project back in 2012, because they’ve just uploaded the first official picture from the sensor online – and here it is.
New Chemical Iris Technology Aims to Innovate Smartphone Camera Aperture
As advanced as smartphone cameras are today, they’re still limited by the size they need to be. As a result, most smartphones have a fixed aperture to save space; the iris itself is mad from fixed blades that set the aperture for each camera. But as always, in a time where mobile devices are so engraved into the modern lifestyle, technology is constantly reaching higher ground. In this case, that higher ground is reached by a new type of iris – one made of chemicals that eliminate the need for physical blades.
First Look at Sony’s New Curved Sensor – Will It Be A Game Changer?
Remember those patents Sony got a while back about something to do with a curved sensor? Because we now have our first look at the actual sensor itself. If you’re not up to date with the story, Sony’s been working on some new technology with camera sensors; what resulted is one that shares the same amount of curvature as our human eye.
Sony Unveils a New Push in Technology with their Curved Sensor
Right before their presentation was to begin, Sony uploaded a PDF today going over it. In the packet, you’ll find their official announcement of a new curved CMOS sensor that they’ve been working on since 2012.
Photography From The Future: Tiny Camera Sensor May Equipment Anything And Everything With A Camera
At just 200 microns in diameter, this may very well be the smallest camera in the world. Patrick Gill, a senior research scientist for a technology licensing company named Rambus, has developed a camera sensor that can capture pictures while still retaining a near-microscopic size.
Everything You Wanted To Know About Rolling Shutter
Rolling Shutter is the way that most DSLR are shooting video. (and point and shoots and iPhones too). For 95% of the time it does not really matter what type of shutter is used for capturing video, in the other 5% it matters a lot. Following is a break down and explanation of what is Rolling Shutter why it is being used and what are its quarks.[Read More…]
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!