Sony has released a new Version 2.00 firmware update for the Sony FX3 mirrorless cinema camera. The new update adds some of Sony’s professional cinema line features into the camera, including additional LOG shooting modes, the ability to import your own LUTs as well as timecode sync for when you’re shooting multiple cameras.
The new LOG shooting modes with LUT monitoring, Sony says, “create a smoother post production workflow by enabling Cine El, Cine El Quick and Flexible ISO modes for recording with the S-Log3 gamma curve”, letting you get a more useful preview of your shot while maximising the dynamic range of the recording itself.
As well as the ability to upload your own LUTs, the update includes some preset LUTs, like Sony’s s709. As well as giving you a preview option while shooting S-Log3, you’re also able to record the LUT into your footage as a picture profile. The new update also features some additional usability updates including:
- New list-style main menu screen which provides quick access to frequently used items
- Instant Function (Fn) menu display by swiping up on the screen
- New standby movie screen provides an unobstructed view of the subject
- Timecode sync and input with a dedicated adaptor cable
- AF (autofocus) assist function to smoothly switch between auto and manual focus
The new update brings the Sony FX3 more in line with its larger Sony cinema line siblings in both features and usability. The ability to use timecode sync for those shooting multiple cameras simultaneously is also going to prove invaluable for editing a multicam project.
You can read the complete list of changes and download the Version 2.00 firmware for the Sony FX3 now from the Sony website.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!