Building on the massive success of the LitraTorch and LitraPro LED lights, Litra has now gone beyond bicolour to create the LitraStudio – a rugged and waterproof true RGBWW LED light. It’s significantly larger than the previous Litra lights, but it’s still small enough to toss into your bag for easy portability.
With the size increase comes a nice power increase, too, with a 2,400 Lumen constant output, 3,000 in “Overdrive” mode, or 6,000 in “Flash” mode. Oh yes, it flashes, too.
The LitraStudio is designed with higher-end productions in mind. While it’s still just as tough and rugged as the LitraTorch and LitraPro lights, it offers more power and versatility than the other two, offering more options to action and adventure filmmakers, as well as offer a flash advantage to photographers.
So, let’s take a look at the specs…
- 2,400 Lumen Constant / 3,000 Lumen Overdrive / 6,000 Lumen Flash
- 97 TLCI /CRI (90+ CRI and 95+ TLCI)
- CCT, HSI, RGBWW, Gel and Effects Modes
- Adjustable CCT from 2,000 – 10,000 K
- Adjustable Green / Magenta in CCT mode
- 0-100% Fully dimmable
- Manual OLED display
- Controllable by Bluetooth/Smartphone App, DMX Dongle and Flash Sync Cable
- Bluetooth App Controls with multiple light synch capabilities
- 50 degree beam angle with blended smooth lux beam
- Waterproof to 10M/30FT
- 810G MIL SPEC
- Precision crafted aluminum body
- Intelligent thermal management
- Standard 1/4 20 mount in base
- 9,000 mAh rechargeable, fast swappable lithium ion battery
- Battery life of 20hrs on low, 1hr at 2,400 Lumen
- 45W Quick Charge adaptor with USB PD2 Type C cable
- Custom Light Modifier Kit with Barn Door, Soft Box, and Honeycomb
- Dimensions: 140 x 100 x 50.75 mm
- Weight: 950g
RGBWW lighting allows Litra to go beyond the typical limitations of a simple bicolour system, to correct for colour tints that might come as a result of mixed lighting, or filters used over the camera like neutral density or polarisers, and to match other light sources. It also offers up a whole host of creative lighting options, too, as you can pick just about any colour you like. But it also allows you to dial in specific Kelvin values from 2,000K to 10,000K with green and magenta shift control.
The LitraStudio has a built-in 9,000mAh lithium-ion battery which offers around an hour of use at the maximum 2,400 lumens continuous output. But, at lower power, it can last for up to 20 hours. When you need a bit more light, an overdrive mode boosts that up to 3,000 lumens. The batteries are swappable and can be powered externally while in use. They’re also able to be used as standalone power banks to charge up your other gear. Each light comes with a quick charge Type-C adapter.
And like all of Litra’s lights, the LitraStudio is built to take a beating in action scenarios and it’s also waterproof down to 10 metres. And having used both iterations of the LitraTorch as well as the LitraPro, I have no doubt that the LitraStudio will be able to handle just about anything you can throw at it on a location shoot, even a pretty abusive location.
The LitraStudio will be available to order from October and ships the same month. They’ll also be on show at IBC 2019, which starts on Friday, and DIYP will be there. So, we’ll be sure to check them out in person while we’re there and tell you what we think. For now, you can find out more about LitraStudio on the Litra website.