Just yesterday was it announced that Pentax is developing a full frame K-mount DSLR and a rumored specs list has already surfaced.
The yet-to-be-named camera is said to include a 36MP sensor and an ISO range of 100-102,400.
All of the current Pentax DSLR models use Sony sensors, so going with the 36MP option will not come as a surprise.
There is no mention of weatherproof features, but this is pretty much a given when it comes to Pentax bodies.
Photo Rumors posted the following specifications, received from a source in Asia:
- TYPE : Digital SLR Camera
- SENSOR : 36 Megapixel CMOS Full frame without lowpass filter
- FRAME: Pentax KAF3 with stainless steel bayonet
- SYSTEM APPROACH : SAFOX XI with phase detection with 27 pts (25 in cross and 3 of f2.8 )
- VISOR : pentaprism Coverage: 100 % LCD
- DISPLAY: 3.2 “TFT swing
- EMBEDDED FLASH : No
- EXTERNAL FLASH : Zapada (P- TTL ) high-speed sync and wireless compatible with Pentax flashes – take X -sync
- STORAGE : 2 SDXC
- STABILIZATION : Sensor system with reduced movement and rotation compensation system ( 3.5EV TBD)
- MEASURING SYSTEM LIGHT : TTL using a 86000 pixels RGB sensor
- ISO Sensitivity : 100-102,400
After waiting so long for a Pentax full frame DSLR, would you be satisfied with these specs?
[via Photo Rumors]