Expert Imaging and Sound Association Awards (EISA) has announced its selection of the best photo gear of 2019. Nikon Z 6 was proclaimed the Camera of the Year, but there are a few more awarded cameras in other categories – all of them mirrorless.
EISA has been around since 1982. At the time, the editors-in-chief from five European photo magazines came together to select “The Camera of the Year.” In 1989, another 10 photo magazines had joined the group, and the association has grown ever since. Today, EISA is an association of 55 special interest magazines from 29 countries.
There are six expert groups awarded: Hi-Fi, Home Theatre Audio, Home Theatre Display Video, In-Car Electronics, Mobile Devices, and Photography. Of course, we’re interested particularly in the Photography category, and these are the 2019-2020 winners:
- Advanced Camera: Fujifilm X-T3
- Advanced Full-Frame Camera: Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R
- Best Buy Full-Frame Camera: Canon EOS RP
- Camera Innovation: Fujifilm GFX100
- Camera of the Year: Nikon Z 6
- Compact Camera: Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VI
- Photo/Video Camera: Sony a6400
- Best Buy Zoom Lens: Tamron 35-150mm f/2.8-4 Di VC OSD
- Lens Innovation: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM
- Portrait Prime Lens: Sony FE 135mm f/1.8 GM
- Professional Standard Zoom Lens: Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S
- Professional Telephoto Zoom Lens: Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM
- Standard Prime Lens: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM
- Standard Zoom Lens: Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
- Super Telephoto Prime Lens: Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM
- Telephoto Prime Lens: Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS
- Telephoto Zoom Lens: Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
- Wide-Angle Prime Lens: Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM
- Wide-Angle Zoom Lens: Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD
- Best Smartphone: Huawei P30 Pro
- Photo Innovation: Sony Real-time Eye AF
- Photo Software: Skylum Luminar
You can find more details at the EISA website, and of course, you can check out the remaining categories if you’re interested. Also, you can compare the results with TIPA Awards, and you’ll see that plenty of gear has found its place on their list, too.
[via SLR Lounge]
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!