Nikon has just launched NX Studio, all-in-one software that lets you view and edit your photos, including both photos and video. It’s made to help you edit everything in one place, and it’s completely free for download, so let’s see what you can expect from it.
Of course, NX Studio is compatible with Nikon digital cameras. This includes the Z series, all Nikon DSLRs, COOLPIX, Nikon 1, and KeyMission cameras. “NX Studio integrates the image viewing features of ViewNX-i and processing/editing features of Capture NX-D into one piece of software,” Nikon explains. It’s available for both Mac and Windows and works together with other Nikon software suites: Camera Control Pro 2, Picture Control Utility 2, and others.
You can edit raw files, including .NEF and .NRW formats. Additionally, you can also work with JPEG and TIFF files. NX Studio also allows you to edit up to 4K videos, but of course, note that you’ll need a decent processor and RAM for that to run smoothly. You can see the system requirements here, and here are the key features of the software:
- The viewing, processing, and editing of still images and video can be completed seamlessly.
- Features a menu structure categorized by workflow and a functional yet simple design.
- Features a variety of display options, such as filmstrip with both horizontal and vertical preview options, as well as a 2/4 screen comparison option, in addition to a simple and easy-to-read shooting information display.
- Supports the precise editing of images with detailed editing functions such as color control points that enable the adjustment of colors within a specified area and a retouch brush to remove dust and scratches in the image.
- Easy-to-understand user interface with menu items and terminology that match those of Nikon cameras.
- Users can choose how adjustment information is saved, whether in a separate file using the sidecar file format or directly to the image file itself.
- Includes XMP/IPTC information editing and preset management functions.
- Works with other software such as Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2.
NX Studio is available for download, and as I mentioned, it’s completely free. You’ll find the download page on this link.
[via Nikon Rumors]
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!