There have been some rumors that Leica was to discontinue several lenses. But now they have been confirmed. Seven of Leica M lenses are being discontinued, along with 13 other accessories such as lens hoods, lens caps and filter carriers.
Here is the full list of the discontinued Leica gear, as seen on Leica Rumors:
- Summarit-M 35 f/2.4 ASPH., black
- Summarit-M 50 f/2.4, black
- Summarit-M 75 f/2.4 ASPH., black
- Summarit-M 90 f/2.4 ASPH., black
- Summilux-M 24 f/1.4 ASPH., black
- Super-Elmar-M 18 f/3.8 ASPH.
- Elmar-M 24 f/3.8 ASPH.
- Filter Carrier E77 for M 18 f/3.8
- Lens Hood for M 18 f/3.8
- Lens Hood Cap M 18 f/3.8 and M 24 f/1.4
- Bright Line Finder M for 18mm Lenses, black
- Bright Line Finder M for 18mm Lenses, silver
- Bright Line Finder M for 24mm Lenses, black
- Bright Line Finder M for 24mm Lenses, silver
- Filter Carrier E72 for M 24 f/1.4
- Lens Hood for M 24 f/1.4
- Lens Hood for M 35 f/2.4 and M 50 f/2.4, black
- Front Lens Cap for M 28 f/2, Summarit-M 35/50/75/90 & 75/90 f/2.5, black
- Lens Hood with Cap for M 75 f/2.4 and M 90 f/2.4, black
- Lens Hood for M 24 f/3.8
Most of the lenses and accessories are still available with retailers. However, they reportedly will not be produced anymore so you can get them while they’re in stock.
[via Leica Rumors]
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!