For the past week DxO has been sharing mysterious teasers on its New Shape of Photography website, announcing its new vision of photography will launch on June 18th.
It didn’t take too long, however, before the secret was revealed and the full specs of the upcoming camera were made available prior to the official release.
The camera, claiming to include the world’s most advanced image processing, can be used as a standalone camera or connect to an iPhone/iPad to offer a large interactive viewfinder and ‘other powerful DSLR features’.
While DxO’s desire to pour its extensive knowledge into creating its own camera is understandable, how will this move affect the credibility of the company’s sensor and lens ratings?
The DxO ONE strikes me as very interesting little camera, and while it doesn’t seem to offer any groundbreaking specs, it’s jam packed with great and good-enough features in one small package.
Below are the full specs of the upcoming camera:
- Price: $599
- Still Resolution (5406X3604)
- 1080p/30fps Video Resolution 720p/120fps
- 1″ format
- Sensor Size: 13.2×8.8mm
- Sensor Type: CMOS – BSI
- Focal Length: 11.9mm (equivalent to 32mm in full frame)
- Lens cover: Integrated, sliding (on/off)
- Aperture: f/1.8 adjustable down to f/11 (6 blade iris)
- Shutter button: 2-stage
- OLED Settings display, touch control
- Iso Range: From ISO 100 to ISO 51200 (Hi 2)
- Shutter Speed: From 1/8000 to 15s
- Image Stabilization: Electronic (for video)
- Camera modes: Auto, Sports, Portrait, Landscape, Night, Program, Aperture Priority, Speed Priority, Manual, Selfie
- Video modes: 1080p (30 fps), 720p (120fps)
- File formats: .JPG, .DNG, .DxO (SuperRAW™), .MOV (H.264)
- Focus range: 20cm – infinity
- Autofocus: Contrast detect, using face-detection
- Focus modes: Single-shot, continuous, tap-to-focus
- Metering modes: Spot, center weighted, multi-zone
- Zoom: Digital 3x
- Micro USB port
- USB 2 (power charging, mass storage connection)
- Lightning connector: Retractable/collapsible, +/- 60º rotation
- Screen size: Varies, function of connected iDevice between 4” and 9.7”
- Screen resolution: Varies, function of connected iDevice between 727,040 and 3,145,728 dots
- Storage type: microSD UHS-I U3 (not included)
- Orientation: Gyroscope + accelerometer
- Battery type: Integrated lithium ion
- Battery life: ~200 photos
- Weight: 3.8oz (108g)
- Dimensions: 67.5 x 48.85 x 26.25 mm
- Compatible with: iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad (4th gen), iOS 8 or later
Come tomorrow we will find out more about the device’s interface and additional features when connected to a compatible Apple device.
Another camera expected to be announced tomorrow is Ricoh’s GR II.
[via Photo Rumors]
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!