The GoPro Hero 9 Black was just officially announced only 9 days ago. But as usually happens, one gets into the hands of a lucky individuals few rather quickly (sometimes before it’s even been announced). One such individual is YouTuber the daniel life. He hasn’t posted a review of the camera yet, but he has posted is a mammoth long tutorial going over the Hero 9 Black’s feature set.
He’s actually done two videos – one in English (above) and one in German (below) – and each is over an hour and a half long going over just about every topic you can imagine. It’s designed to help everybody from complete beginners through to those who are a little more advanced and just want to find out more about specific features.
Yes, they’re very long videos and I don’t think his title of “tips and tricks” really does it justice, given the number of topics Daniel covers. Here’s the breakdown of times for the different sections on the English version. Oh yes, it’s quite the list.
- 0:55 – Battery, memory card and first steps
- 4:50 – QuickCapture, turn on/off camera, get started
- 10:50 – QuickCapture
- 13:15 – Anti-Flicker, how to change the frame rates (FPS)
- 15:40 – Voice Control
- 19:30 – Media Mods
- 23:40 – Orientation Lock
- 25:20 – Video Mode
- 28:50 – Playback, photos, video, select and delete files
- 29:15 – High FPS vs Low FPS
- 31:45 – Boost, Image Stabilizer
- 33:35 – GoPro presets
- 34:20 – Slow Motion Video
- 37:05 – Scheduled capture, duration and HindSight
- 40:10 – Protune
- 42:20 – Shortcuts
- 45:00 – Video mode, change resolution and frame rates
- 48:20 – Change focus and exposure
- 48:45 – Photo mode
- 50:25 – Raw, standard, HDR and SuperPhoto
- 51:55 – How to create a preset
- 54:25 – LiveBurst
- 55:20 – Burst mode
- 59:00 – Night Photo
- 1:03:50 – Timelapse Mode, Timewarp
- 1:07:10 – Timelapse video/photo
- 1:15:00 – Front display settings
- 1:20:05 – GoPro App
- 1:23:05 – GoPro App Troubleshooting
- 1:25:40 – Live Video
- 1:26:20 – How to use GoPro as a webcam
- 1:28:55 – How to transfer photos/videos onto phone/tablet
- 1:30:30 – How to edit photos/videos and share with friends
For those who prefer to watch the tutorial in German, here’s that version. A similar list is shown in the video shortly after the one-minute mark, allowing you to quickly see where to scrub to in order to get to the specific bit you want.
If you’ve been thinking about getting the GoPro Hero 9 Black or maybe you’ve just ordered one, but aren’t sure how some of the features work, well, this should help to answer those questions and get you up and running more quickly.
Have you got the GoPro Hero 9 Black yet? How do you like it?