ProGrade Digital has announced its new 3rd-generation CFexpress Type B cards in 2TB capacity. ProGrade says the new 3rd-generation 2TB card offers the same performance as their 2nd-generation 128GB and 256GB capacity cards. Obviously, however, with the 3rd-gen card, you get a lot more storage space.
The new 2TB card has burst read speeds of up to 1,700MB/sec and burst write speeds of up to 1,500MB/sec. It provides sustained write speeds of up to 1,300MB/sec with a PCIe Gen3 X2 interface. The new larger capacity cards allow for more footage with today’s high-bitrate cameras that shoot 8K video.
A 2TB CFexpress card from ProGrade popped up in October last year and was expected to be announced alongside the 3rd-generation 512GB and 1TB CFexpress cards in January of this year. However, that announcement date came and went with no mention of the 2TB card. Now, though, they’re official.
The introduction of our 3rd generation CFexpress 2TB Gold cards provides the extra-large capacity and performance needed for a very broad range of video capture needs. Our introduction of a 2TB capacity point, ensures that nearly all video capture modes can be utilized while also meeting traditional read speeds for quick offloading.
– Wes Brewer, Founder and CEO, ProGrade Digital
The third-generation ProGrade CFexpress Type B cards all offer a similar set of features and specifications (aside from the capacity). The benefits of the 2TB CFexpress Type B card are:
- Fully compliant with CompactFlash™ Association 2.0 specification
- NVMe host interface with PCIe Gen3 X2 interconnect
- Extended battery life and low standby power through NVMe PS0 – PS4 support
- Metal enclosure for improved durability and heat dissipation
- Thermal throttling protects the card from overheating
- Laser-etched unique serial numbering for the tracking of key components and manufacturing data for the highest quality control
- Temperature ranges: operating 14°F to 158°F/ -10°C to 70°C; storage -4°F to 185°F/ -20°C to 85°C
- Packaging: Biodegradable fiber
- Refresh Pro ready*
- X-ray-proof and shock-proof
- 3-year warranty
- Maximum read speed up to 1700MB/s
- Burst write speed up to 1500MB/s
- Minimum sustained write speed up to 1,300MB/s
- Capacity: 2TB
Price and Availability
The third-generation ProGrade 2TB CFexpress Type B memory cards will be available to pre-order soon for $799. They’re expected to begin shipping in the coming weeks.