ON1 Software has announced ON1 Photo RAW 2020, new and improved editing software aiming to be your “all-in-one photo workflow solution.” It looks like AI-based features are becoming “a must” in photo editing software, and ON1 Photo Raw isn’t lagging behind. The latest version comes with some AI-based tools, but also plenty of other improvements over the previous one, so let’s dive in and see what’s new.
ON1 Photo RAW 2020 supports raw files for over 800 camera models, as well as TIF, PSD, PSB, PNG, and DNG. The version 2020 can be used as a plug-in for Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop, and Apple Photos without purchasing a new plug-in version. But of course, you can also use it as a standalone photo editing app. Note that it’s not a subscription-only model (and the company claims that it never will be). So, when you buy it once, you can legally use it forever.
Here are the features and improvements you can expect in the new ON1 Photo RAW 2020
- New AI Match — Match how your raw photos look to what you saw on the back of the camera. This automatically detects when you shoot in black and white or custom film looks in your camera.
- New AI Auto Tone — The new algorithm does a much better job on all types of photos, also controls the amount of auto-tone you want. By analyzing thousands of photos, the algorithm has learned how to do an even better job, especially on tough images.
- New Speed & Performance Updates — Opening raw files in Edit is up to two times faster, and brushing is smoother, even on integrated graphics cards.
- Enhanced Raw Processing for Fujifilm – The decoding of Fujifilm X-Trans raw files has been improved to reduce scalloping and other artifacts.
- New Hottest and Trending Presets — Over 100 new looks and styles curated from today’s hottest photographic trends. We also added tons of new skies, backgrounds, and textures for your masking pleasure.
- New SmugMug Integration — Select photos and videos, then publish them to any of your SmugMug galleries. Even create new galleries and control the size of the photos you upload.
- New Custom Camera Profiles — Get predictable, natural color results by creating custom profiles for your camera and lights. We have partnered with X-Rite, the leader in color management, to make this easy. Photograph an X-Rite target with your camera, then import it into ON1 Photo RAW, then send it to the X-Rite Camera Profiler software to build a custom camera profile.
- Better Noise Reduction — The new state-of-art noise reduction algorithm can reduce noise, both color and luminance independently, while maintaining detail, even with today’s ultra-high-ISO cameras.
- New Color Balance Filter — Remove a cross color cast from the shadows or highlights or create unique duotone or tritone tints by adjusting the color and brightness of the highlights, mid-tones or shadows.
- New Weather Filter — With the new Weather filter in Effects, you can add rain, snow, and fog to your photos to create a realistic atmosphere.
- New Channel Mixer Filter — For precise black and white conversions, channel swaps for infrared, or shift entire color ranges.
- New Sun Flare Filter — Add realistic sun spots, lens flares, and bokeh to your shots all powered by real photographs from renowned photographer and educator Matt Kloskowski.
- New Print Module — Print contact sheets, a wall portrait, or tile multiple photos into package prints, the improved print dialog can handle it all. Easily print individual images. Also, print multiple photos on one piece of paper to create packages like 2 5×7’s or 4 4×5’s. Add watermarks and sharpen before you print.
- New Timeline Albums — Exploring your photos by date has never been easier. The new automatic timeline albums organize your photos by year, month, and day.
- New Map View — View where your photos were taken on a map, explore photo locations, and add location metadata to photos that don’t have GPS metadata. Even search by location address to find photos quickly, without having to add additional metadata.
- New Focus Mask Overlay — Now you can view what’s in-focus in our photos easily. The new Focus Mask overlay marks the areas of best focus with green so you can compare similar photos and pick out the sharpest photo quickly.
- More Language Support — ON1 Photo RAW is now localized into eleven languages, giving many more photographers access to the best photo editor out there. It currently supports English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, and Dutch.
- New Enhancements — Before/after image preview splitter, control preset opacity from the preset browser, Windows installer now gives the option to install on other drive, UNC paths on Windows, Lossy Canon CR3 support, Visualize brushstrokes with a red overlay.
- New Camera and Lens Support Added
ON1 plans to release a few free updates to ON1 Photo RAW, so stay tuned for them as well. They will include a new mobile integration and new Sync Service Integration. Interestingly enough, there are also more AI features to come, such as sky replacement, object recognition, color enhancements, and skin retouching. You will soon also be able to download, preview, and manage your video files using the browser in ON1 Photo RAW.
As for the pricing and availability, ON1 Photo RAW 2020 is ready for download at the ON1 website. If you already own any of the ON1 products, you can order the upgrade for $79.99. Those who don’t own earlier versions of ON1 can order the full version for $99.99.
For a limited time, ON1 Photo RAW 2020 is bundled with some launch bonuses, including an additional 100 pack of presets. A single purchase of ON1 Photo RAW 2020 works with both Mac and Windows and as I mentioned, you get a perpetual license for activation on up to five computers.
If you have never used any ON1 product, you can give it a go with a free 30-day trial before you decide whether or not to buy it. Note that there’s no credit card required, so you can just head over to the ON1 website and download the trial version.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!