Fujifilm has announced release dates of new firmware for the X-T3, X-H1 and GFX 50S to add some new features. Amongst others, the GFX 50S gets 35mm “full frame” crop mode support when using a GF lens and H mount adapter, the X-T3 gets 4K HDR and the X-H1 sees improved in-body image stabilisation.
So, let’s start off with the Fuji X-T3. The folks at Newsshooter got a preview of the new X-T3 firmware during Interbee 2018, which is scheduled to be released in December.
- 4K HDR video recording in Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)Supports 4K HDR video recording in the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), one of the formats defined in the ITU-R BT.2100 international standards *. It allows the capture of rich and realistic images in a scene where there is a huge gap between highlight and shadow, or subjects with high color saturation.*Only compatible with H.265(HEVC). Please enjoy with television or display compatible with HLG formats.
- Simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage **Supports simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage. It allows you to record in F-Log while checking Film Simulation image on an external monitor.**Not compatible with 59.94P/50P, FHDhigh speed rec., 4K interframe NR, and HDMI output info display mode. Also, cannot choose different image size (4K/FHD) for HDMI output and internal SD card recording.
- Recording over 4GB movie file as one file – Movie files are no longer split when the file reaches 4GB file size. The file is recorded as one file providing an SD memory card greater than 32GB is used (excludes 32GB) ******By using SD memory cards less than or equal to 32GB, movie recording will continue without interruption when the file size reaches 4GB, however subsequent footage will be recorded to a separate file.
- Display color temperature (Kelvin) on EVF/LCDColor temperature (Kelvin) can be displayed on EVF/LCD
- Supports slower shutter speeds with DCI4K/4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P *4 – Slower shutter speeds than the framerate can be selected with 4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P.*4 Cannot select slower shutter speed than framerate with DCI/4K 59.94P/50P or LongGOP recording.
- Compatible with ALL-Intra and maximum bitrate 400Mbps with H.264. Using H.264 compression, you will now to be able to select ALL-Intra at a maximum bitrate of 400Mbps.
- Display power supply icon – Power supply icon is displayed on EVF/LCD while using AC adapter (AC-9VS), or Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD *5 and Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD *6*5 Anker and PowerCore are trademark or registered trademark of Anker Innovations Limited or associated companies.
*6 Product may not be available on your country.
Fujifilm X-H1 V2.00
The new X-H1 firmware is also scheduled to be released in December 2018.
- In-body image stabilization and optical image stabilization now work together to improve overall stability.
With an XF or XC optical image stabilized lens, in-body image stabilization worked with 3 axis (up and down / optical axis rotation). The remaining 2 axis (right and left pitch, yaw angle) was controlled by optical image stabilization in the lens. This firmware has a new image stabilization algorithm to allow the in-body image stabilization to work in all 5 axis and to achieve more than five-stops (up to the equivalent of 5.5 stops *7 ) image stabilization by cooperative control according to the types of frequency and blur amount.
To activate this function, lenses are necessary to be updated to latest firmware version. Please check the latest firmware version from the link below.
*7 Based on CIPA standards. When using XF10-24mmF4 R OIS, XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS, and XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II.
- Improved in-body image stabilization performance
Eliminate image shake when panning slowly when movie recording or on the live view image.
- Recording over 4GB movie file as one file
Movie files are no longer split when the file reaches 4GB file size. The file is recorded as one file providing an SD memory card greater than 32GB is used (excludes 32GB) *9 .
*9 By using SD memory cards less than or equal to 32GB, movie recording will continue without interruption when the file size reaches 4GB, however subsequent footage will be recorded to a separate file.
- Display color temperature (Kelvin) on EVF/LCD
Color temperature (Kelvin) can be displayed on EVF/LCD.
- Display power supply icon
Power supply icon is displayed on EVF/LCD while using AC adapter (AC-9VS), or Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD *10 and Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD *11 .
*10Anker and PowerCore are trademark or registered trademark of Anker Innovations Limited or associated companies.
*11Product may not be available on your country.
Fuji GFX 50S V3.30
The Fuji GFX 50S firmware is coming out a little sooner. It should arrive by the end of this month.
- Supports “35mm Format Mode” when using GF Lens and H mount adapter
“35mm Format Mode” crops the center of the sensor 36.0mm x 24.0mm (30.5M) and records JPEG and RAW file.
- Improved eye-sensor response
Reduced the time to switch between EVF and LCD when you select “eye-sensor” on the viewfinder display settings.
- Supports simultaneous delete for RAW and JPEG files
When RAW / JPEG is selected in the card slot setting (for still image), RAW/JPEG image can be deleted simultaneously. By selecting “OFF”, only the RAW image will be deleted.
- Supports EVF and LCD color adjustment
Color of EVF/LCD is adjustable from screen setting menu.
As mentioned, that last one for the GFX 50S comes out in the next couple of weeks, and the two firmware updates for the X-T3 and X-H1 come out next month. Be sure to keep an eye out on the Fujifilm firmware updates download page for yours when it’s released.