Fujifilm have announced an update to the mid-range model in their rangefinder styled mirrorless lineup. The new Fujifilm X-E3. It comes with the 24MP X-Trans III sensor found in the X-Pro2. This brings it in line with other models like the entry level X-A3 and recently released X-T20 and X100F. Fuji are also releasing two new lenses. One for the X system, and one for GF medium format.
The X-E3 shoots 4K UHD video, or 1080p at up to 60 fps. It sports a 3″ touchscreen LCD, comes with all the film simulation modes we’ve come to expect, and also includes Bluetooth connectivity for low power transfer and remote control from your phone.
The specs are pretty much what we’d expect given the other cameras in Fuji’s current lineup.
- Mount : Fujifilm X Mount
- Format : APS-C (1.5x crop factor)
- Resolution : 24.3 Megapixels
- Aspect ratio : 3:2
- Sensor Type : CMOS 23.6×15.6mm X-Trans III
- Still file formats : JPG, RAW
- Bit Depth : 14-Bit
- Dust Reduction : Yes
- Storage : SD / SDHC / SDXC
For video X-E3 owners will get 4K UHD at up to 30fps and 1080p at up to 60fps with the standard 16:9 aspect ratio. There is, obviously, a built in microphone, but it also feature an external stereo microphone socket, too.
The back offers a 3″ touchscreen LCD. But like its X-E2 predecessor, it does not flip out or up. While the layout of the back is quite different to the X-E2, the controls on top of the camera are near identical.
The Fujifilm X-E3 is available to pre-order now at $899.95 for the base model, with the 23mm f/2 lens for $1,149.95 or with the 18-55mm lens for $1,299.95.
- Fujifilm X-E3 Body Only Black – $899.95
- Fujifilm X-E3 Body Only Silver – $899.95
- Fujifilm X-E3 with 23mm f/2 Lens Black – $1,149.95
- Fujifilm X-E3 with 23mm f/2 Lens Silver – $1,149.95
- Fujifilm X-E3 with 18-55mm Lens Black – $1,299.95
- Fujifilm X-E3 with 18-55mm Lens Silver – $1,299.95
Fujifilm 80mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro Lens
As for the lenses, the first for the X-Trans systems is the new 80mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro Lens.
- Focal length : 80mm (field of view equivalent to 120mm on full frame)
- Aperture : f/2.8-22
- Mount : Fuji X Mount
- Format : APS-C
- Minimum focus distance : 9.84″ (25cm)
- Magnification : 1x
- Maximum reproduction ratio : 1:1
- Elements/Groups : 16/12
- Image Stabilisation : Yes
- Autofocus : Yes
The 80mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro is available to pre-order now for $1,699.
Fujifilm GF 35mm f/2.8 R WR Lens
Also up for offer is the new Fujifilm GF 45mm f/2.8 R WR Lens for the GFX 50s medium format camera.
- Focal length : 45mm
- Aperture : f/2.8-32
- Mount : Fuji G
- Minimum focus distance : 1.48′ (45cm)
- Magnification : 0.14x
- Diaphragm Blades : 9
- Autofocus : Yes
The Fujifilm GF 45mm f/2.8 R WR is available to pre-order now for $1,699.