Announced at the beginning of March, the Elinchrom ELB 500 is the most powerful battery powered TTL strobe in Elinchrom’s lineup. That in itself is cause for celebration amongst Elinchrom fans. But that’s not the headline feature. The biggest deal with Elinchrom’s new strobe is the fact that you no longer need multiple different heads for different purposes. The one head satisfies all the needs of the different Action, Pro and HS heads you’d require on the ELB400.
They’ve also adjusted the head to be more favourable toward the red section of the colour spectrum, offering more pleasing and natural skintones. Not only that, but the head outputs on the ELB 500 TTL Pack are now asymmetrical. This means you’re no longer locked into specific ratios between your key and fill lights. You can set them up independently at whatever setting you desire.
- Flash Power: 500Ws/J
- Power distribution: Full asymmetry
- Power range: 7 stops
- Flash duration: Action 1/20,000sec – Normal 1/3,400sec
- Recycle time: 0.05-2 seconds
- Battery capacity: 400 / 28,000 flashes (max / min power)
- Compatibility: Elinchrom Transmitter Pro, Phottix Odin II
- Dimensions (pack): 16.3 x 9 x 18.1cm (6.4 x 3.5 x 7.1″)
- Weight (pack): 2.48kg (5.47lbs)
Want to see more content from The Photography Show? Check these out.