We saw many new flashes in Photokina, one of the units that we thought was worth mentioning are the new ELC Pro HD units. We talked with Richard Terborg, Elinchrom Ambassador, to get the inside on those strobes.
They come in two flavors: 500WS and 1000WS, both in a new streamlined body. The strobes are pretty much what you have come to expect of mid-range strobes but they do have some interesting features worth considering:
- OLED display which at least on the show floor look amazing and that it can be well used in bright sun.
- Stroboscopic mode which I think would work wonderfully with Dancers and athletes
- Support for Canon rear curtain sync
- Built-in EL-Skyport radio support
- Convenient power dial
- Uber strong 300W modeling light
With those units selling for around $1000-$1500 they are situated as solid mid-range monoblocks. As monoblocks are now getting the same push that hot shoe strobe got a few years back it would be interesting to see those units compete in the market.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!