Canon has just announced the entrance into the instant camera market. After launching the mini photo printer Ivy (or Zoemini), Canon has built upon it to create two new instant cameras: IVY CLIQ (Zoemini C) and IVY CLIQ+ (Zoemini S).
Zoemini S and Zoemini C are essentially Canon’s mini printers on steroids. They don’t require you to transfer photos from your smartphone. Instead, just like any instant camera – they allow you to shoot and print photos with the same device. Both cameras use 2×3-Inch (5 x 7.6cm) Zink™ sticky-backed photo paper for printing.
The Canon Zoemini S features an 8MP camera and a Micro SD card slot. If you’re into selfies, there’s a front-mounted mirror, a ring-light, as well as a remote shutter capability. If you still want to print photos from your smart device, this model supports the Canon Mini Print App. It’s available for Android and iOS and it lets you print your images directly from a smartphone via Bluetooth.
The Zoemini S comes in three colors; rose gold, matte black and pearl white. It’s no bigger than a smartphone, so it’s easy to carry it around. The more detailed specs are available on Canon’s website, but here are the essentials:
- Eight-megapixel camera with a Micro SD card slot1 to capture, print and share from the same device
- Available in matte black, pearl white and rose gold, this lightweight camera printer is the perfect portable companion and fits easily into a pocket or bag
- A front-mounted mirror and ring-light ensures selfies are captured spectacularly, while the Canon Mini Print App operates the remote shutter function, simplifying group shots via the self-timer
- Use Bluetooth® and the Canon Mini Print App to print images from your smart device, with filter and collage options
- Prints and refills with ink-free Zink™ technology which delivers smudge-proof, tear-proof, water-resistant and sticky-backed photos to print on the move
- Device comes with 10 sheets of sticky-backed 2×3-inch Zink™ Printing Paper
As for the Zoemini C, it’s kinda like a simpler version of the Zoemini S. It has a 5MP camera, a selfie mirror, and a Micro SD card slot. Also, it’s available without the Canon Mini Print App compatibility. The Zoemini C is available in four colors; bubble gum pink, bumblebee yellow, mint green, and seaside blue. Check out the full specs here, and read the essentials below.
- Five-megapixel camera with a Micro SD card slot to capture, print and export photographs
- A front-mounted mirror enables users to perfect poses and print their ultimate selfies
- Available in four vibrant colors, the lightweight and portable Zoemini C is the perfect pocket-sized companion
- Prints and refills with ink-free Zink™ technology which delivers smudge-proof, tear-proof and water-resistant photos on the move
- Device comes with 10 sheets of sticky-backed 2×3-inch Zink™ Printing Paper, to print, peel and stick
Both cameras will be available a month from now, starting 25 April 2019. The price hasn’t been revealed yet, but it will probably be above $100, which is the cost of the Ivy printer launched last year. But as soon as we know more, we’ll update this article.
Update: the IVY CLIQ (Zoemini C) is priced at $100, and IVY CLIQ+ (Zoemini S) is available for $160.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!