If you are taking lots of product photos for eBay or Etsy, here is a clever way to automate a 360 product shot courtesy of Rotaryview. (While the video below uses their system for the final gif, you can use other ways group the shots – like combining them into an animated gif)
This is as hard core DIY as it gets using an IKEA SNUDDA, a cheapo RC car and a remote trigger.
We shared a lazy Susan product photography rig before (Snudda is a lazy Susan), but the trick here is using the RC car to keep the table turning in a constant pace.
Here are some tips to get a good picture using this method:
- Don’t kill your little brother’s RC car, get one of your own.
- As you probably noticed, the table keeps on turning, even when te camera take s a picture, so you’d wanna use a place with a decent light to keep your shutter speed high and the motion blur to a minimum.
- Before taking the picture sequence, make sure you know how long it takes the lazy susan to complete a full circle, this will help you calculate the interval between the shots.
- If you have a newish camera, you don’t actually need a remote, most camera have a built in intervalomer.
- You may wanna make a small mark on te lazy susan to know where the center is, this is where you;d wanna place your product.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!