When Rode released the Wireless GO microphones, they probably didn’t anticipate just how quickly it would grow in popularity or the number of ways in which they may be used. We’re big fans of them here at DIYP and Caleb Pike also seems to like his very much. He’s put together a video showing ten tips and hacks that can help you get the most out of them.
The first tip Caleb shows is somewhat negated by the recently announced Rode Interview GO which turns the Wireless GO into a handheld interview mic. But, if you’ve already got the parts laying around then it’s a good use for them, and it might save you $30. But Caleb has a lot of other great tips besides this.
- 0:11 – Handheld Interview Microphone
- 0:57 – Wireless Headphone Hack
- 1:57 – Voice Over Microphone Trick
- 3:20 – Wireless Shotgun Microphone
- 4:10 – Using Two Microphones
- 4:58 – Using Two Wireless GO Mics at Once
- 5:38 – Signal Tip
- 6:28 – Hiding the Wireless GO Transmitter
- 7:12 – Using a Mixer with the Wireless GO
- 8:10 – Mini Audio Bag Kit
Not all of the suggestions in the video show the Wireless GO in use for its intended application – like wireless headphone monitoring. That being said, these are all pretty valuable tips that can help you to get the most out of your Wireless GO systems, especially if you’re on a low budget.
What’s your favourite tip for the Rode Wireless GO?