Venus Optics Announces the Laowa 15mm f/4; The World’s Widest 1:1 Macro Lens
Venus Optics, which recently made headlines with its 2:1 60mm f/2.8 macro lens with infinity focus, is back with another unusual.
This time it’s the manual focus Laowa 15mm f/4 wide-angle macro lens – an extremely interesting full-frame lens capable of creating highly unusual images.
Below are some of the Laowa 15mm’s specs:
- 110 degrees of view angle
- 1:1 macro ability with infinity focus
- +/- 6mm Shift ability
- 12 elements in 9 groups with 3 pieces of High Refractive elements and 1 piece of Extra-low dispension lens
- Multi-layer low-reflective coatings to avoid unnecessary flare
- Carefully control on the sharpness both in the centre and the edge.
- Limited barrel distortion
- 14 pieces of aperture blades form a close-to-circular aperture
- Flat Front element surface for filter installation.
- The enclosure of the lens is made of metal to strengthen its durability.
- Weight: 410g
- 77mm filter thread
The lens will start shipping from late July for $479 and will be available in Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony Alpha A, Sony FE & Pentax K mounts.
The links doesn’t seem to be working right now, but you should be able to pre-order the lens here.
The video below shows some of what this game-changing lens is capable of:
[via Photo Rumors]