The Miggo AGUA – a storm-proof, quick-draw camera bag
As some of your faithful followers may know, I like camera bags. I also like to make them water-resistant.
My family and I do a lot of outdoor activities, from hiking and exploring to paddling and camping, often encountering less-than-ideal weather conditions. For those of us who like to take our cameras into extreme weather, we often worry about how the gear will fare…or we simply opt to leave it at home. On one whitewater trip last year, I drowned an SLR body and lens because it wasn’t properly sealed in the bottom of my kayak.
That is why I am excited about the new storm-proof quick-draw carrier from Miggo – the AGUA.
The AGUA boasts double-layer IPX3 protection from the elements and absorbs shock from accidental bumps (or drops). Your camera attaches to a strap inside the bag, enabling quick draw when the moment arises and ensures that your camera won’t fall to the ground. The main strap is interchangeable and can be disconnected from the bag and attached directly to your camera in either a sling or classic strap configuration, eliminating the need for a dedicated camera camera holder-thingy.
Features also include:
- Storm-proof quick-draw holster for all day & all weather use.
- IPX3 rain-proof standard: Protected against spraying water – Water spraying up to 60 degrees from vertical at 10 liters/min at a pressure of 80-100kN/m2 for 5 min. Fits camera’s body + lens.
- Eliminates the need for additional camera strap – agua’s dual-use strap carries both bag and camera.
- Quick-Adjusting detachable padded strap can be attached to the camera (with supplied adapters)
- Front “Thermo-forming” lens protector. Ultra rigid from outside – soft and padded from inside.
- Double-layered construction enables protection against water and impacts
- “Quick-Draw” mode for instant shooting while the camera is secured.
- “Failsafe” connecting buckles
- Left and right handed operation
This is not an underwater housing, but, for most storm-related activities, seems like it would fit the bill. While it hasn’t gone into mass production yet, when it is released in November 2015, the AGUA will be available in a variety of sizes to perfectly fit your mirrorless, mid-size dSLR, or pro dSLR camera.
If you jump onboard now during their Kickstarter campaign, you can secure your own AGUA at a discounted price!
- AGUA 25 (for mirrorless and compact cameras) – $55 pledge
- AGUA 35 (for medium-size SLRs) – $60 pledge
- AGUA 45 (for pro SLRs) – $65 pledge
- AUGUA “Signature Model (any size with your name or that of a relative or pet printed on it) – $95 pledge
Besides, you can’t help but like a company with humorous videos.
Allen Mowery is a Nationally-published Commercial & Editorial Photographer with over 20 years of experience. He has shot for major brands as well small clients. When not shooting client work or chasing overgrown wildlife from his yard, he loves to capture the stories of the people and culture around him.