Luminar AI has just launched the latest update to its AI-powered editing software. After the first major update in January, more news and improvements are now coming to the app. So, let’s dive in and see what you get if you update to the latest version.
Sky AI tools
Luminar AI’s signature tool, Sky AI, is being improved again. Skylum has improved sky reflections in water and judging from sample photos, it looks really neat. Scene Relighting has also been improved so that the light in your sky-replaced image looks realistic. There’s also a new tool, Relight Human, intended for environmental portraits.
For aligning a new sky to the existing horizon, Skylum has added two more new features: Rotation and Horizontal Offset. There’s also a visual interface from the Sky AI panel so that you can choose the new sky more easily. There are also six new free skies, but you can still add a sky of your own, of course.
Transformable Texture Overlays
Update 2 also brings new features to Local Masking. There are now advanced controls within the Texture tool that let you transform texture and image overlays. PNG Overlays have also been added, allowing you to upload PNG files with transparency as textures.
Skylum has also made the overlay elements more easily moved, flipped, rotated, resized, and placed anywhere in the image. And once you apply an overlay, you can save in i9n a Template for future use.
Templates are another signature tool of Lumina AI. In Update 2, Luminar has changed the layout a little bit. All Templates, including Favorites, My Templates Purchased, and Legacy Templates, are now available within the main Templates tab, just beneath For This Photo. In addition, Template Group previews are now uniform in size.
Update 2 also adds Marketplace Integration to Templates. This means that Templates you buy in the Luminar Marketplace are now automatically added to For This Photo and you may get them as suggestions for enhancing your photos.
Improved camera support
Update 2 brings support for new cameras and file formats:
- New Cameras: Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6, EOS 850D, EOS-1D X Mark III (lossy compressed files), Fujifilm X-S10, Leica M10-R, S3, SL2-S, Nikon Z 5, Z 6 II, Z 7 II, Olympus E-M10 Mark IV, Panasonic DC-G100 / G110, DC-S5, Sony ILCE-7C (A7C), ILCE-7SM3 (A7S III) and Zeiss ZX1.
- New File Formats: Lossy compressed CR3 files and Lossy compressed RAF files.
How to update
If you’re an existing Luminar AI user, the update is free, and here’s how you do it:
- macOS: Open LuminarAI. In the Top Menu Bar, choose LuminarAI> Check for updates. If you purchased via the Mac App Store, open the App Store and go to the Updates tab.
- Windows: Open LuminarAI. In the Top Menu Bar, choose LuminarAI> Help > Check for Updates.
- If you are running LuminarAIas a plugin with Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, or Photoshop Elements, it’s also recommended you rerun the plugin installer.
If you don’t use Luminar AI, you can buy the latest version here. The license for one computer is €79, and for two computers it’s €99.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!