I hope that we all know by now that we should be staying at home. And just because we’re at home all the time, that doesn’t mean we can’t get creative. Sigma has launched photo contest #SigmaShotatHome to spark this creativity further. The contest doesn’t only encourage us to stay at home and be creative but rewards us if we do so.
Mark Amir-Hamzeh, President, Sigma Corporation of America says:
“We are in the midst of an unprecedented moment in history that has dramatically impacted the heart of the creative imaging community. #SigmaShotatHome is our humble attempt to bring inspiration and creativity to a difficult situation and to remind creators, regardless of stylistic choices, field or gear preferences, that we are in this together.”
As of today, the contest is open for entries and you can submit both stills and videos. Weekly submissions will be closed every Friday at 5 pm PT / 8 pm ET each week. A panel of judges will select a winner each week who will receive a $500 American Express gift card. Each month, a winner will be chosen from the pool of weekly winners to receive a $1000 American Express gift card. An overall contest grand prize winner will receive a Sigma fp + 45mm F2.8 DG DN Contemporary lens and a second-place contest winner will receive any Sigma lens valued at $1000 or less.
How to enter? For photos, go to this link, and here are some more details:
- Have the file naming convention: DATE_LAST NAME_DESCRIPTIVE TITLE
- Like and follow Sigma Corporation of America on Facebook and Instagram.
- Upload the photo submission to Facebook and Instagram, tag Sigma Corporation of America and include the hashtag #sigmashotathome.
For cine submissions, visit this link and:
- Like and follow Sigma Cine on Facebook and Instagram.
- Upload the photo submission to Facebook and Instagram, tag Sigma Cine and include the hashtag #sigmashotathome.
The contest starts today, 6 April, and it will last through 26 June 2020. The good news is that you can submit multiple entries, and the bad news for us outside the U.S. is that the contest is open to U.S. citizens only. For more information, rules, and regulations, visit Sigma’s website.