Nanlite has announced its newest Forza Mark II LED lights. The Forza 60 II, 60B II, 300 II, 300B II, 500 II and 500B II inherit the even field of light of their predecessors, but the bicolour versions have been tweaked to provide consistent power throughout the colour balance range with improved colour accuracy. They’ve also had their designs altered to help provide better internal structure and higher durability on set.
The second generation of Nanlite’s Forza series LEDs offers a white balance range from 2700-6500K for bicolour versions and a fixed white balance of 5600K for the daylight versions. The feature set is slightly different between the 60 II/60B II and the 300 II/300B II/500 II/500B II LEDs, with the latter offering more advanced features and specs not found in the more entry-level 60 II/60B II.
The Forza 60 II and 60B II, like their original daylight predecessor, take a more handheld portable approach to light. They’re small, portable and come with a power adapter that lets you feed them from a pair of NP-F style batteries or a single V-mount battery while holding the entire kit in your hand – similar to the Godox ML60 (review here) – although they can go on a stand if you wish. They offer a CRI and TLCI of 96 and 98, respectively, with a number of different control options, including from the light itself, 2.4Ghz Bluetooth and DMX/RDM.
According to Nanlite, the key features of the light include:
- Small and compact with stunning output packed inside, illuminance level stands at 3,420lux/2,096lux@1m with light only
- 60W rated power draw for both and variable CCT range of 2700K to 6500K for Forza 60B II
- Two output modes for Forza 60B II, maximum output mode and constant output mode
- Excellent color rendition ratings with CRI and TLCI rated at 96 and 98 respectively
- 11/12 built-in special effects with each parameter adjustable
- Multiple control methods, including on-board, 2.4G, Bluetooth, DMX/RDM
- Classic UI of OLED display and tuning knobs with a MODE button added
- Outstanding fan control with noise level lowers to 20dbA even with the fan rotating
- FM mount with Bowens mount compatibility added via an included adapter
- Both AC and DC power solutions with a battery grip compatible with both 2 NPF and 1 V-mount battery
- Firmware upgradeable via the USB-A port on the bottom of lamp head
The Nanlite Forza 300 II, 300B II, 500 II and 500B II are a bit more of traditional studio-based LED lights that aren’t easily handholdable. These are much more substantial and require light stands. They have an external control unit that allows for either AC power or from a pair of V-mount batteries when you do need to be on a location set. All four lights have a CRI and TLCI of 96 and 97, respectively.
Again, the manufacturer’s product highlights look a little something like this.
- Wide CCT range of 2700K-6500K covering both 300W and 500W power draw
- Come with a glass protection for COB to eliminate external intrusion
- Feature a built-in W(RG)/WW(RG) color mixing system with G/M±80 tunability
- Excellent color rendition with CRI/TLCI scores of 96/97 for Forza 300/500 II and CRI/TLCI scores of average 96/97 for Forza 300B/500B II
- Compact design for control box with power adapter incorporated inside, reducing the overall control unit size of Forza 300/300B II by 37% and Forza 500/500B II by 16%
- Form factor innovations, including V-mount battery plates on both sides, curved yoke with one-sided locking mechanism and integrated quick release device
- Comprehensive controlling methods, including on-board, 2.4G, DMX/RDM and NANLINK APP
- Pack 11 effects in Forza 300/500 II and 12 effects in Forza 300B/500B II respectively with parameters for every single effect customizable
- Both dual and single battery power solution enabling hot plugging as well as hot swapping between
- AC/DC for Forza 300/300B II & 500/500B II
- Integrate a new adjustable cooling system with 4 operation modes available: SMART, FULL SPEED, LOW SPEED and OFF
- Come with standard Bowens mount with an extra umbrella mount
- Support firmware update by flash drive via built-in USB-A port
The Nanlite Forza 60 II is available to buy now for $289 and the 60B II is available to buy now for $319. The Nanlite Forza 300 II, 300B II, 500 II and 500B II are available to pre-order now for $949, $999, $1,349 and $1,499, respectively.