Offering a 135° field of view, Lomography’s new Naiad 3.8/15 Art Lens builds on the Neptune Convertible Art Lens system. The 15mm lens was hinted at as far back as May last year when the system was initially announced. Neptune is designed as an expandable system, so now the new lens is finally here.
It’s designed for full frame sensors, but it’s also quite happy on crop bodies, too, including APS-C and Micro Four Thirds. The Neptune Art System is available for Nikon F, Canon EF, and Pentax K, but you can also use it with adapters on Sony, Olympus, Panasonic and others. As it’s manual focus anyway with no electronic contacts, using an adapter wouldn’t lose you any features.
- Focal Length: 15mm
- Aperture Range: f/3.8 – f/22
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.01m, or 0.4 inches
- Field of View: 135°
- Convertible Lens Base Mounts: Canon EF, Nikon F or Pentax K
- Multi-Scaled Diaphragm Aperture: f/3.8 – f/22
- Lens Construction: 9 elements in 7 groups
- Filter Compatibility: 100mm (width) x ≥10mm (length) x 2mm (depth) rectangular filters
- Lens Coating: Multi-coated
- Electronic Contacts: No
The lens hood also doubles up as a filter holder, capable of handling 100mm wide filters up to 2mm thick. It comes with front and rear caps, as one would expect, as well as a lens pouch & cleaning cloth. It joins the 35mm, 50mm and 85mm lenses in the Neptune system.
The Lomography Naiad 3.8/15 Art lens is available to buy now through the Lomography store. There are various options depending on the kit you already have and what you need to buy.
- Lomography Naiad 3.8/15 – $449
- Lomography Naiad 3.8/15 + Lens Base – $699
- Lomography Naiad 3.8/15 + Full range of filters – $799
- Complete Neptune system (inc Naiad) – $1,139
- Complete Neptune system (inc Naiad) + Filters – $1,249
And they’re available in Nikon F, Canon EF or Pentax K mount options.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!