Learning something new from scratch can be an overwhelming experience. You simply don’t know where to start and you may feel utterly confused. If you’ve wanted to learn how to use Adobe Premiere Pro but still find it intimidating, Jason Boone of No Film School has prepared a fantastic tutorial. It’s made for absolute beginners, and it will teach you the basics of Premiere Pro in only 15 minutes.
Jason’s video may be short, but it’s very comprehensive. It will show you around the program a bit, teach you how to perform some basic edits, and also give you some useful tips, tricks, and shortcuts. Here’s the timeline of the video and the topics it covers:
- 0:26 – customizing the interface
- 1:29 – importing your files
- 2:18 – viewing your assets
- 3:02 – creating a sequence
- 4:17 – navigating the timeline
- 5:35 – editing a sequence
- 10:31 – adjusting the audio
- 11:46 – adding audio and video transitions
- 13:48 – adding graphics
- 14:28 – exporting and uploading
Now that you’ve watched the tutorial, it’s time for some practice. You can download the exercise files here to follow along with the tutorial, and read more at No Film School. These may be just the basics, but mastering them will certainly give you a push to learn more and become better at video editing. Happy learning!