Traveling to Iceland is a dream come true for many landscape photographers. Sadly, it can be quite costly to travel and stay in this beautiful country. But hey, if you can’t afford it, you can win it – and all you need are your photography skills.
Hotel Rangá in Iceland is looking for its first official midnight sun catcher. The hotel offers you a ten-day stay (plus the flight fees), and you “pay” by photographing Iceland’s Midnight Sun.
If this deal sounds familiar, that’s because it is. Hotel Rangá had a similar offer last year when they needed a Northern lights photographer. This time, you are required to capture photos of the midnight sun, and you’re bound to stay for a shorter time.
The midnight sun is a phenomenon that is exactly what it sounds to be. It happens during the summer months in places north of the Arctic Circle or south of the Antarctic Circle, when you get to see the sun even at midnight. “This is a great opportunity for new photographers to build up their photography portfolio,” the hotel writes.
Here’s what you get:
- Room and board at Hotel Rangá
- Option to visit The Highland Center Hrauneyjar, our sister property in the Icelandic highlands, the uninhabited center of Iceland
- Flights to and from Iceland
And here’s what’s required of you:
- Arrive by mid-June or earlier
- Must be able to commit to 10 days and provide high-quality photos and videos of Iceland’s Midnight Sun
- Hotel Rangá will have unlimited license to mutually agreed upon photographs and videos and can use them in promotional material, printed and web, for an unlimited period of time
If you decide to sign up, you can do it on Hotel Rangá’s website. There’s a form you need to fill up and you’re required to submit some of your photos. You have time until 15 May 2022, so hurry up!
[via Digital Trends]