Contest: Use our free resources to Create a killer photo and win $250 To spend in our store
Our texture store has already been up for one week with over 2,000 downloads and we are grateful for the comments, and suggestions that we are getting. WE are releasing a new batch of resources today and asking you to take advantage on our free (CC-BYed) resources to create a photo of your own. We have three awesome Judges and each will pick a favorite to be awarded $250 to the store.
Here is how it’s gonna work
- We are giving you an almost unlimited access to almost all our packages under a CC-BY license. That means that it does not cost you money to download the files.
- You can then use the packages you downloaded or combine them with your photo to create the best image you can. You can use your photo as base, you can use one of ours, you can use any of the CC-BY resources on the store or you can buy something you like. Anything goes! This should be fun!
- Make your photo 1000px on the long side and upload both the before and after in a single comment on this post.
- Two weeks from today, on October 29th, we will close submissions and our three judges will select three winners to receive $250 coupons for the texture store each. That’s a total of $750.
Having good judges is crucial to having a good contest and I am still pinching myself to make sure I did not dream that the A team of retouching agreed to play.
Roderique Arisiaman – Roderique Arisiaman is an image creator and storyteller by heart, no matter what the discipline is. His work varies from photography, photo manipulation and illustration, but also have a hand in ceramics, sculpture and painting.
Pratik Naik – Pratik Naik is a high end retoucher specializing in commercial and editorial work, represented by One Mega Management. His proficiency with retouching and Photoshop stems from 10 years of experience in the field. His work can be seen in magazines ranging from Marie Claire, Elle, Zink, GQ, and many more. He has had the opportunity to work on such celebrities as Halle Berry, Paris Hilton, Cameron Diaz, Rebecca Hardy, and Ellen Page to name a few
Renee Robyn – Canadian born and raised, Renee is a former model turned photographer who has developed an ethereal style, combining fact and fiction. Merging together expertly shot photographs with hours of meticulous retouching in Photoshop, her images are easily recognizable and distinctly her own.
Get CC-BY packages
Whether you are starting with your photo, or with one of ours, there are plenty or resources available for you on the texture store, many of them only require a linkback and do not cost any money. Click the image below to gain access to the CC-BY packages:
10 New packages
Bet there is more, to make life more interesting (and to give you more retouching options), we also released 10 more wonderful packages: Rose Petals, rust, Sand, SCI-FI Lensflares, SciFi-Fighter Stock, Silent Nurse, Slime, Smoke & Steam, Snow, Steampunk 01
The fine print
- The contest is open to anyone worldwide, if your law allows it. No, you can’t participate if you work for DIYP.
- Judges decision is final. They are like gods to us.
Bribes limited to Belgian chocolateThe contest can’t be rigged
So what are you waiting for? Go create something beautiful!
Udi Tirosh is an entrepreneur, photography inventor, journalist, educator, and writer based in Israel. With over 25 years of experience in the photo-video industry, Udi has built and sold several photography-related brands. Udi has a double degree in mass media communications and computer science.