Atomos has released a new version of AtomOS for the Ninja V monitor recorder. The new AtomOS 10.3 comes with frame guides for social media, a 9 grid overlay, a legalised HDMI input, IRE scale for false colour, Anamorphic 1.25x and 1.8x desqueeze and rolling filenames (even after formatting).
The new social media frame guides, designed for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram videos adds 1:1 and 1.99:1.1 while portrait Instagram mode brings 4:5 for your regular feed and 9:16 for Stories/IGTV – as well as other platforms that make use of vertical video. The video feed broadcast legalisation is user selectable on/off and allows you to use full range 0-255 (for 8-Bit) or 0-1023 (for 10-Bit) HDMI inputs, which are then mapped to 16-235 and 64-940 respectively before recording for wider flexibility with non-linear editing systems.
- Frame Guides for Social Media:
– Addition of new Social media focused frame guide with action and graphic safe areas.
• 1:1 (Square aspect ratio) (Instagram and Facebook)
• 4:5 (Portrait, vertical aspect ratio) (Instagram)
• 1.91:1 (Landscape, horizontal aspect ratio) (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
• 9:16 (Portrait, vertical aspect ratio) (Instagram Stories/Instagram TV and Snapchat)
- Addition of 9 Grid overlay
– Providing the ability to utilise the rule of thirds theory for image composition.
– IRE % labelling added to false-colour scale
- Ability to specify input Luminance range for HDMI, for increased compatibility with devices outputting legal range YUV signals in Rec.709
– The Input menu option allows for the HDMI input to be set to ‘Legalize ON/OFF’
- Rolling File naming
– Ability to maintain a continuous rolling file naming structure following formatting of a drive
– An option provided to turn this function on and off
- Addition of Anamorphic de-squeeze modes:
– 1.8 x Providing the ability to de-squeeze lenses such as Cooke Anamorphic/I lenses, in both standard and Special Flair (SF) versions.
– 1.25x Providing the ability to de-squeeze lenses such as Ultra Panavision 70 and Panavision Ultra Panatar lenses
The new update also fixes some issues with the RAW feed coming in from the Nikon Z6 and improves the reliability of the AtomoX SDI module.
AtomOS 10.3 for the Ninja V is available to download from the Ninja V page on the Atomos website and if you don’t have this monitor already, the Atomos Ninja V is available to buy now for $649.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!