A while back we needed to shoot some action so we looked for a GoPro Gimbal. The market has a ton. We got the Feiyu Tech G4 from RCgeeks (if you live in the US you can get it here), and we were very pleasantly surprised.
As a gimbal, it does what you’d expect from a gimbal – keep the camera smooth, but the marker-sized form factor along with the the great performance made it into a trusted companion. I carry it around and it produces instantly usable footage.
You can check the full review after the jump
Here is a quick TD;LR for you folks. Just compare the shots:
What Is This?
- A hand held 3-axis gimbal for GoPro cameras
- Coming from Feiyu Tech which is making quite a big splash in the hand held gimbal arena
- You put a GoPro in, hit ON, boom! Instant stabilization
- Great price
- exceptionally smooth
- operation time was longer than I expected
- Great form factor to fit in my everyday bag
- Super easy to operate
- It does not come with a case (close, but no cigar, you can DIY one for $10)
- The bracket that holds the camera in place is a bit fiddly
- alternating between follow and steady could be improved
This is quite a good investment if you are looking to up your game when it comes to hand held footage. The small form factor makes taking it along a no brainer, and for £225 / $247 it is an absolute steal.