The Quickest Workflow To Get 24P Raw Video On A 5DmkIII
While this was super good news, the process of getting the files out of the camera and convert them to a RAW video was a bit cumbersome involving windows, mac, and after effects.
The good folks at Cinema5D just released a video explaining the fasted workflow to get a 5DmkII ML RAW file stream to RAW video. (movie after the jump)
The workflow involves 7 simple steps:
- Download the RAW files from the memory card
- Use ML’s raw2dng app that converts the files into DNG files
- Open the first file in photoshop RAW engine and perform any adjustments.
- Use the converted image and sync the settings to all the frames.
- “Save All” to TIFF files.
- Use QuickTime and “open sequence” and import the files. (I assume Premiere can do the same)
- Export to ProRes
There you go. Pretty straight forward now.
Udi Tirosh is an entrepreneur, photography inventor, journalist, educator, and writer based in Israel. With over 25 years of experience in the photo-video industry, Udi has built and sold several photography-related brands. Udi has a double degree in mass media communications and computer science.