Hotel Keys Don’t Work? Make An LCD Hood! A Pictorial
Have you ever got stuck out side of your hotel room with the plastic keys not working and decided to go on a photowalk, but it was too sunny to read the LCD? Have you? Really wanted an LCD hood, but could not find one.
Well, you’re in luck because master pictorial maker Maciej Pietuszynski has just what you need – a Hotel Room Key to LCD hood pictorial. It has little text and great step by step pictures for you to follow.
- some bad hotel keys (be nice at the reception and ask, they’ll probably give you as many bad keys as you need. In case you have none, this will work with credit cards too :)
- Gaffers tape
Step 1 – Measure your LCD external frame and cut accordingly
Step 2 – Gaff-tape the cards to form a card-train
Step 3 -Gaff-tape the last two cards
Step 4 – Punch the sides of the box and insert the rubber band. Make a small tie so it won’t slip back
Step 5 – Gaff-tape all around for a nice black look (make sure to do the inside as well)
Step 6 – Open the hood and wrap the back around the camera
Step 7 – You can now view the LCD in bright sun light
Bonus – The hood folds away when not in use
Maciej is a master pictorial maker and if you love this style here are a few more awesome pictorials by him:
- The Tasty Ice Cream DIY Softbox Container Pictorial
- How To Instasuqare Your Camera’s View Finder
- How To Give An Old Nifty-Fifty A New Life
- Create A Tilt-Shift Lens From A Shower Head A Rubber Glove And a Nifty Fifty
- Kite Aerial Photography
About The Author
Udi Tirosh is an entrepreneur, photography inventor, journalist, educator, and writer based in Israel. With over 25 years of experience in the photo-video industry, Udi has built and sold several photography-related brands. Udi has a double degree in mass media communications and computer science.