The Godox SL series LED lights have proven to be extremely popular due to their low cost. Two of the models in that range, the SL150 and SL200 have seen a Mark II update today, according to an email that Godox has been sending out today.
One of the features of the new SL150II and SL200II offers up a solution to the biggest complaint about LED lights of this form factor – fan noise! The new lights include a fanless silent mode operation. It’s unclear from the email if there’s simply no fan in the unit at all, or if it’s a mode you can set when you need to minimise noise, but either way, it’s going to be a very welcome feature for many.
According to the email, the major differences of the new SL150II and SL200II over the original SL150 and SL200 are…
- 8 FX special effects mode to simulate various scenes
- Silent mode: fanless, without noises and interference
- Built-in Godox 2.4G wireless X system & wirelessly adjust parameters
- Much better heat dissipation
Other features include…
- Stable light source and 0% to 100% precise light adjustment
- With 16 groups and 32 channels wireless control
- With U-type bracket to adjust different angles easily
- Bowens-mount enables to install various of accessories
- Clear LCD display
There’s no word on an exact release date or price and they aren’t showing up on the Godox website yet, either. But we’ll keep you posted as we hear more about complete specs, pricing and availability.
Hopefully, Godox will also produce a silent variant of the SL60 – arguably the most popular light in the SL series amongst YouTubers and those who don’t always need a whole ton of power due to their very low price point.
Update: Both lights are now available to order. The SL150II costs $339 and the SL200II is $439.
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!