It’s been over two months since the beginning of the Russian attack on Ukraine, so I believe you’ve all been more or less familiar with the situation. But life mustn’t stop, and folks at Skylum are aware of it. This is why, despite the conflict and against all odds, Skylum has just launched another set of updates for Luminar Neo, its latest photo editing software.
The Luminar Neo 1.0.5 update is focused mainly on Presets, and here’s what you can do now:
- Access the Presets tab from the top menu bar
- See all of a Preset’s built-in edits when applying it
- Save your edits (including all applied Edit tools, Layers, and masking) as a custom Preset
- Use Undo and Redo
- View Presets using the T shortcut (or by selecting View > Presets in the menu)
- Use the Revert on Preset button (reverts a photo to the state before entering the Presets tab)
In addition, the latest update brings some bug fixes to help your software run more smoothly. Now you can do the following:
- Smoothly delete images from Single Image Edits
- Make and undo edits without encountering the overlapped Discard Edits button
- Export an image via the Share menu in Luminar Neo, then smoothly use mirroring in Luminar Share
- Send high-resolution images via the share feature in iMessage
As always, you need to Make sure your app is up to date so you can use all the new features:
On macOS, click on Luminar Neo in the top menu bar and choose Check for updates.
On Windows, click Luminar Neo in the top left-hand corner and choose Help > Check for updates.
I don’t plan on getting too political, and I beg you to stay polite, too. All I want to say is that I empathize with all innocent people who have been killed, injured, sent to exile, “canceled,” or suffered in any way just because they belong to a certain nation.
As for the Skylum team, these awesome folks have been working under impossible conditions. Yet, they’ve still managed to keep up with the users’ demands and expectations. They’ve shared some of their war stories so you can get a better idea of what it looks like to live and work in the middle of a war.
If you’d like to help Ukraine, Skylum invites you to:
- Donate to charity organizations.
- Donate your drone to the Ukrainian army. More than 136 people have already agreed to provide drones to the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Thank you!
- Read trustworthy news sources (Ukrayinska Pravda, The Kyiv Independent, Svidomi) and spread awareness.
- Find out more info and ways to help.
You can also help by buying products from Ukraine-based companies and keeping the people and the country’s economy going. In my embroidery community, we’ve been buying digital PDF embroidery patterns from Ukrainian artists on Etsy.
- Skylum: Luminar Neo (App Store | Microsoft Store), Luminar Share (App Store | Google Play)
- Grammarly (App Store | Google Play | Windows | macOS)
- Petcube (App Store | Google Play)
- Preply (App Store | Google Play)
- BetterMe Health Coaching (App Store | Google Play)
- BetterMe Mental Health (App Store | Google Play)
- Reface (App Store | Google Play)
- Jooble (App Store | Google Play)
- MacPaw: CleanMyMac and CleanMyPC
- Headway (App Store | Google Play)
- Depositphotos (App Store | Google Play)
- Ajax Systems (App Store | Google Play)
If you have any other suggestions for helping Ukrainian people, Skylum invites you to contact them and brainstorm together.