RØDE Microphones film competition, My RØDE Reel, is now in its fourth year. Established in 2014, it’s rapidly grown to become the world’s largest short film competition. With close to 8,000 entries from 89 countries, it’s become a staple amongst the global filmmaking community.
This year, the competition is back with a massively increased prize pool of more than $500,000 worth of equipment up for grabs. These prizes include one completely new one, membership to the RØDE Directors Club. This could net you every new broadcast and filmmaking category microphone that RØDE release for the next three years, and you get them before they’re even launched.
The competitionis open to anybody around the world at all levels from amateur to professional. All that’s required to take part is a short film of three minutes or less and a behind-the-scenes reel the features a RØDE product being used during production of the film.
The number of categories for this year’s marquee awards has grown from five to a total of six.
- Judges’ Film award for the best short film
- People’s Choice award for the most popular short film
- Young Filmmaker award for the best short film by an entrant under the age of 18
- Female Filmmaker award. This award is designed to encourage and celebrate women in the film community.
Each of the prizes for these awards is worth over $40,000. The BTS award is now two categories.
- Educational BTS Award, for the most informative behind-the-scenes
- Entertaining BTS Award, for the most entertaining behind-the-scenes
New genre awards for 2017 include…
- Best Virtual Reality film (using 360° cameras)
- Best 30 second TVC (Television Commercial, for RØDE, of course)
- Best Vlog
You can see the full list of entries and grab the free entry kit now at the My Rode Reel website.
So, what are you waiting for? Get filming!